Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC: Surface Link. Not parallel to the target surface.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
249 Views, 1 Reply

SAC: Surface Link. Not parallel to the target surface.

I have a sub-assembly that I created in SAC2012.

One component of it is a surface link.  My understanding of the surface link has always been that it creates a link line that is parallel to the existing surface.  But it looks like it's just copying the surface down by the specified distance.

The trouble is that I've got one location that is almost vertical and just copying down will not do any good.  I really need it to be parallel.

Is there anything I can do?

TIA!

EDIT:  I meant to attach a screenshot.

SAC_SurfaceLinkProblem.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Bump

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report