Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Help with Side parameter

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kevinjackman
473 Views, 3 Replies

SAC Help with Side parameter

I've made a new subassembly using the composer.

For some reason, if I don't add a "side" parameter, the subassembly will work as intended but I will be unable to mirror it.

When I do add the side parameter, I get a PILE of errors.

I think the error may be in calculating P3, using the 'intersection point' tool, but I'm not sure. 

The subassembly is a simple shoulder with daylighting.  See attached.

Anyone mind having a look?

Thanks.

C3D 2011.

Windows 7, 64 Bit.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

When I build a subassembly that is going to flip the first thing I do is set the default side to right. This seems to set up the logic for the SAC that will allow it to flip left / right. You may need to do this and then rebuild your SA to get it to play nice.

Sorry for the bad news...

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

I did manage to get my new subassembly to work as expected, without recompiling it.

My second point in the subassembly was defined by "Angle and Distance".  The angle was set to 270, which was 'down' in the preview of the subassembly.

This seems to have played havoc with the SIDE parameter.  Maybe the 'angle' parameter is dependant on the actual angle in CAD?

Anyways, when I changed this to Delta X / Delta Y for the first point, all was good, and the SIDE parameter works.

Message 4 of 4

Good catch! I only use the angle paramters when I'm trying to measure perp to an existing link.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report