Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Double Track Railway Cant Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
e162197
542 Views, 2 Replies

SAC Double Track Railway Cant Problem

Hello Everyone, I have prepared a railway subassembly which has two tracks. For cant calculation i made use of the railway cant example.pkt which is available on autodesk sample pkt files. However, after running that sa in civil 3d, i saw that the cant works according to inputted gauge width parameter on alignment properties, since you can input only one gauge width, the cant is applied as if there is only one track with two rails and the calculated cant is applied on these two rails only. But, what i need is to apply that cant on both tracks seperately. is it possible to override that gauge width input and make the cant applied on the tracks seperately? For instance, the default gauge of alignment is 1500 mm and the calculated cant is 40 mm. So civil 3d automatically applies that cant on 750 mm left and right and my rails which are beyond 750 mm fit on the extended slope with much more elevation. What i need is to have that 40 mm cant on one of the rails on both sides (origin+40m in elevation).
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nachomvitores
in reply to: e162197

I've had exactly the same problem, and I couldn't find a solution for it. The way I'm trying to solve it is to divide the section in the axis, defining each track in separate subassemblies. Otherwise, I still haven't found a correct way to apply the cant to a subassembly. If I use the "Apply AOR" option the intersection with non superelevated links are solved incorrectly, and it doesn't seem to work fine the command Cant.RightRailDeltaElevation, unless you click the "Apply AOR" box. I expected that that command would allow me to locate a point at the rail Y but I am not able to do it.
Nacho.
Message 3 of 3
Kamel.Arifi
in reply to: nachomvitores

Same problem with me.

I'm using Civil 3d 2019 which is supposed to solve all problems related to rail cant. However, both tracks are showing the same super-elevation even if the tow alignments are defined with different superelevations.

I want each track follows the cant defined in its alignment.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report