Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotating points

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wbrustle
316 Views, 5 Replies

rotating points

How do you rotate or move just one or two points in civil 3d? The surveyor used Translate Survey Database and moved all the points, but 4 of them were not included. What is the difference between translate and just the autocad command move and rotate?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: wbrustle

Click on point & use the grip options for move, rotate etc. In order to use this method you must choose "unlock point in drawing", there may be a better method depending on what is needed.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: Jay_B

We moved the entire database using the translate database function, but by accident 4 of those points within the database did not move (they were not selected originally), Now we need to just move those 4 points......not the enire database again. If I use the autocad move command for those points, does it update the database?

Message 4 of 6
Jay_B

Unlock in drawing will break the link with the SDB.

You could edit the ascii file for the 4 points and reimport the points, if you want them to remain part of the SDB.

This may first require an export of the current points you have if no point file exists for current locations.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
mathewkol

The fact that you translated the survey database and some did not get moved makes me suspicious.  The translate tool moves all of the points in a database.  Those 4 points were likely not part of the database and simple drawing points.  Just use the AutoCAD move command.  i suppose it's possible to have some database points maybe from a second database, but I'd bet those are plain old points that can just be moved normally.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: mathewkol

ok thank you........I am not quite sure how the surveyor used the translate command, but I will check it out and let you know

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report