Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating Eccentric Manhole in Profile View

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikezcs
1537 Views, 3 Replies

Rotating Eccentric Manhole in Profile View

I need to have my eccentric manholes shown in profile view with the cone either upstream or downstream depending on the jurisdiction standards.  If I rotate the manhole in plan view, it does not change in profile view.  I found that by going into the manhole style, under the profile tab, and changing the structure display from "display as boundary" to "display as solid" made the rotation in plan view show up on my profile view structures, but the styling is then all wrong.  It then shows facet edges on the profile view structures instead of just an outline of the structure.  The only work around I have found is to draw the structure in profile view, put it on a no plot layer, but leave the label on the proper plotting layer.  Then draw a polyline around the structure and mirror it about its center, putting that polyline on the proper structure layer.  There has to be a better, more dynamic way to do this.  I have dabbled in the parts builder, thinking that creating an identical manhole part that is rotated would remedy the problem, but part builder seems to be written in greek.  Any solutions???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mfw21
in reply to: mikezcs

I am new to this also but playing with the tutorials I discovered that you can highlight the structure in the profile view and right click to Structure Properties. You can set the rotation there. Default is 0 degrees for the cone to be downstream in the tutorial. Rotating it 180 places it up stream. Hope this is what you needed.

Ron Jungbauer
Just another CAD Guy!
Olsson Associates
Springfield, Mo.
HP Z400
Windows 7 PRO
Intel Xeon(R) CPU W3550 @ 3.07 GHz
64 BIT OS, 12G RAM
Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: mfw21

Unfortunately, that does not affect the structure if you are displaying it with a boundary or block, only with solid. Solid works correclty for rotation, but Mike is trying to make the solid look like an outline so he does not have additional lines, which make his output look messy.

I have asked Autodesk tech support about this and was told solid is the only way to do get the profile representations of structures to rotate when the plan version is rotated.

Wish list!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
Mark_Castle
in reply to: tcorey

6-1/2 years later and nothing has changed? Smiley Sad

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report