Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate pipe in part builder?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
asloat
182 Views, 1 Reply

Rotate pipe in part builder?

Maybe this is simple, maybe not;

I want to create a version of an egg shaped pipe that is like the one provided by default, but upside down. Is there an easy way to copy the existing pipe family and rotate it 180 degrees?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sirjoelsph
in reply to: asloat

It should be very easy to make a copy of that existing pipe.  The difficult part will be adjusting the geometry once inside the Part Builder interface.  It can be done, but it may take some experimenting.

To copy the part, use the 'Modify Part Sizes' option when starting up Part Builder, then use the 'Save Part Family As' option to make a copy of the Egg Shape Pipe.  Once you know you have a copy, you can start playing with the geometry and constraints.  Part Builder can be difficult though, it won't just let you move or rotate the objects.

I was able to get it pretty close by changing some of the Model parameters.  If you can adjust BdyD1 from PIW to PIW * 0.5 and Bdy2 from PIW *0.5 to PIW, I think it might be what you're looking for.  It just looks like it might not be centered, but that should be adjustable with the other Model Parameters.  Good Luck.

-JOEL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report