Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road design criteria

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RalphBrown99
1176 Views, 5 Replies

Road design criteria

Hi:

Please someone talk to me a a place where I can find standards for road design (either rural or urban) including criteria files with that standards that I can use in Civil 3D -These files could be read from the Alignment Properties Window<Design Criteria Tab- These code could be delivered by AASHTO or another institute.

Thanks

Rafael 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: RalphBrown99

Rafael,

C3D has built-in AASHTO standards. Road design is not my specialty, but I think a look through the Help Section would enlighten you.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
sboon
in reply to: Pointdump

If you select an alignment in your drawing you should be able to find the Design Criteria editor on the Ribbon.

Clipboard01.png

The default files are stored in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Data\Corridor Design Standards\  You can copy and edit them to match your local requirements.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
RalphBrown99
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 6
RalphBrown99
in reply to: sboon

Thanks for your help!
Message 6 of 6
parteekwitt
in reply to: sboon

Hi there,

I am learning autocad civil 3d. While designing the road I applied design speed to the my alignment. 

My question is what changes are applied by the autocad when design speed changes? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report