Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click, can i get the best of both worlds?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
cadconfused
636 Views, 16 Replies

Right click, can i get the best of both worlds?

I use the right click as repeat last command a lot, but occasionally I need the shortcut menu and I have to go back and change my settings for right click.

What I would like to do is make Shift+Ctl+right click bring up the shortcut menu, but I cant seem to find it in the command list and when I do searches on google it just brings up stuff about adding an item to the shortcut menu.

Is there a way to make Shift+Ctl+right click bring up the shortcut menu?

Thank you very much for any info.
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
wetsnow13
in reply to: cadconfused

set it for time sensitive.

options > user preferences > right click cusomization

Message 3 of 17
cadconfused
in reply to: wetsnow13

I do use right click customization, that works if you dont have anything selected.  If you have an object selected and hold down right click it does not bring up the shortcut menu.  If you do not have anything selected it doesnt bring up the same menu as if you have certain items selected.

Message 4 of 17
ishkav

You need to customize your menu for different states. As you mentioned when there is nothing selected there is a menu, when you select there is a dferent menu that is based on what is selected together with other options not related to what is selected. You can customize them by running the cui command and customize the shortcut menus in your cuix. If you expand every state menu you will figure out which one you need to modify to suit your needs, most likely that being the edit mode shortcut menu

Ishka
CAD Manager
Tom Groll Engineering
Email: ishka@tg-eng.com
Blog: http://www.civildigest.com, Twitter: C3Dish
Windows 7 x64, IDS 2014, 2013 & C3D 2012
Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Message 5 of 17
cadconfused
in reply to: ishkav

Under Shortcut Menus I see Context menu for default mode and Context menu for edit mode, but I dont see what I would need to change or address to make it work.

Message 6 of 17
ishkav

So If you look at the screencast the first right click is the default mode. When I select the polyline the right click menu is the edit mode. So to understand you want the edit mode to have most of the default mode?

http://screencast.com/t/PrqimHt2r

Ishka
CAD Manager
Tom Groll Engineering
Email: ishka@tg-eng.com
Blog: http://www.civildigest.com, Twitter: C3Dish
Windows 7 x64, IDS 2014, 2013 & C3D 2012
Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Message 7 of 17
cadconfused
in reply to: ishkav

What would be ideal is if when I right click it repeats the last command no matter what mode.

Then if I hit Shift+Ctrl+right click it will it will bring up the context dependant Shortcut Menu

You would think there would be a way to do that through typing in a custom macro, but I dont know of a command that calls the Shorcut Menu.

Message 8 of 17
lambertb

Make a custom shorcut menu under the cui. Then add that shortcut menu to your mouse button commands. As shown in the pic, I made brian ctrl click and added it to ctrl+click button 2 (which is the right click).

5-21-2013 7-19-49 AM.png

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 9 of 17
cadconfused
in reply to: lambertb

cadmenu.png

Ok, so I added a menu like you did and I copied all the contents from the "Context menu for edit mode" into the "Brain ctrl click"  I went to the Ctrl+Shift+Click button 2 and cleared the assignment, now I dont see any way to actually call the new menu.  I can add commands to the button, but the Brain command is not in the Command list 😛 

Message 10 of 17
lambertb

http://screencast.com/t/Au9CwkCRYq

Go to your commands on the bottom, search for your menu name. Drag that to the mouse button. Check out the video.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 11 of 17
lambertb

It also works well to transfer these to a custom menu that you can save. This way you can load a partial menu and get your settings back if you need a reset.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 12 of 17
cadconfused

So I didnt get an automatic command like you did, I had to make a new command and then I copied the code from the Snap Menu

$P0=SNAP $p0=*

then I went to my Brain ctrl click and added an alias called BRAIN

then I swaped SNAP in the code and it looks like this now

$P0=BRAIN $p0=*

This is what I get when I select a c3d profile label and right click normally

cad_rightclick.png

This is what I get when I use the new Brain ctrl click

ctrlshiftclick.png

Why am I not getting the context specific items?

Message 13 of 17
lambertb

I know I have had problems with the changing the code part. Sometimes it overrides all the click menus... I have attached my partial cui. Maybe load this and see if you can get it to work liek the video. Then you can change the commands and swap everything out to your liking.

http://screencast.com/t/hB8bCwv88

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 14 of 17
cadconfused

In your video you bring up a custom menu that looks like it has some stuff that you like to use a lot.  That will be helpful, but I dont see any items specific to what your cursor is on.

Message 15 of 17
lambertb

That is correct. I don't have any context sensitive menus when selecting different objects.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 16 of 17
cadconfused

Do you know how to implement the concept?

Message 17 of 17
lambertb

Sorry, at this time I don't know how to do this.
C3D 2022 and 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report