Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon/Panel Difference in Education Suite???

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
docroussie
774 Views, 2 Replies

Ribbon/Panel Difference in Education Suite???

Hi,

I have the education suite of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and bought a book to run through a series of tutorials so I could learn the program but I am having difficulty because the ribbons and panels do not look the same. My Home tab does not show the Palettes, Create Design and Profile & Section, nor do I have a Toolspace icon or Prospector Tab.  Is there a difference between the regular version of AutoCAD Civil 3D and education version?  This makes it difficult to learn the program as a student.  If not, how do I obtain these tabs and ribbons.  I have enclosed a picture of what my home tab currently looks like.  I did right click in the gray space to ensure all my tabs were activated.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: docroussie

It appears you have started plain AutoCAD, not Civil3D. Note the top left corner, the "A" specifically. Now look at this image and note that it is purple and it says "C3D" below the "A".

6-30-2012 4-26-44 PM.png

Make sure you use the correct shortcut to start Civil3D and you should be good to go.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
docroussie
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you! Using the correct program makes all the difference. I didn't realize I was using the wrong shortcut.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report