Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Toposurface to Civil 3D

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
i.franco
708 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Toposurface to Civil 3D

Hello,

Is there a way to import a Revit Toposurface into Civil 3D to work there?

I have a .RTD file which contains the topography for a project I'm working for, and that is all I have available.

Thank you for your assistance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doni49
in reply to: i.franco

Revit surfaces aren't very accurate -- they're meant to provide a "pretty picture" in the Revit model.  I wouldn't want to use it as the basis for design.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 7
i.franco
in reply to: doni49

True, but I have to work with it. Is there a way.
Message 4 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: i.franco

I wrote it up on my blog HERE.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 7
doni49
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

He wants to go the other direction:  from Revit to C3D.

I don't doubt that it's possible.  But knowing that I'd never want to do so, I've never investigated how.  But since the bulk of the effort will be done in Revit, I'd suggest posting in the Revit forum (link below) and ask about exporting a Topo surface for use in C3D.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit/ct-p/2003

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: doni49

My bad. I read it the opposite way.

Export the revit file to a drawing. Add the topo objects to a surface as drawing objects.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 7

Hi Brain,

Is it still the most efficient way to do so?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report