Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Block, Tracking

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
scottie.wilson
1224 Views, 27 Replies

Revision Block, Tracking

I have Civil design sets with hundreds of sheets. Each sheet has its own Revision Block. Revision blocks are currently controlled by the Sheetset Manager settings, so that if i change any piece of information in the SheetSet Manager all Title blocks/Revision Blocks will reflect the changes. The problem is that we frequently need to revise a few sheets out of our entire Set, and then need to apply another Rev to the Revision Block. I also drive an Index sheet using the Sheetset Manager...But have to break the link when some pages have more revisions than all others. How do you guys track this? OR maybe i should just ask How do you setup your Revision Blocks?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Scottie Wilson

Autocad Civil 3D 2012, 64 bit

Windows 7 64 bit

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
apustina
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I am actually working right now at trying to hanld this part of the Title block through our SQL Server. This should be able to allow us to track all revisions and also do a few other time saving things. If I can get it all to work out. 🙂

Message 22 of 28
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: apustina

That means an external database to maintain, correct?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 23 of 28
apustina

Correct.

Message 24 of 28
Joe-Bouza

Whats the SQL server and how do I find out more about it?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 25 of 28
apustina

I am not an expert on it at all. I am relying on our GIS experts for helping build this database. I just started doing some searching on the web which included the forums here also. Some of the help files in Autocad helped out also. by searching the Command dbconnect and reading throgh  that information helped a lot.

After exploring what we are looking at doing since we are primarily looking at storeing and tracking this data a Database seems to make the most sense. I have the link working so far now I just have to learn how to build the query tables and figure out how to display them in my drawings.

Message 26 of 28
Joe-Bouza

Thanks

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 27 of 28
jlzander
in reply to: neilyj666

Joe,

It sounds like you have considered using the Sheetset manager to help manage your drawing sets but have declined due to the timely set up of large quantities of drawings.  Is it safe to assume than that you work with large sheet sets comparable to those Scottie and Todd are referencing?  If so, how do you and your company manage and track revision status.  I understand you use mtext on each drawing, but how does the project manager verify she is using the most current version of the drawing?

Message 28 of 28
Joe-Bouza

Not sure what I said to give you that idea. I've beed an avid user and staunch proponent of SSM since 2006?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report