Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVERSE VERTICAL ALIGN PROFILE

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
4702 Views, 11 Replies

REVERSE VERTICAL ALIGN PROFILE

I'm trying to reverse the vertical alignment profile I created for proposed new centerline. I have already executed the reverse alignment direction under alignment tab but it doesn't reverse my proposed vertical alignment. Not sure if it suppose to or if there is a way to do it in profile properties
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It cannot be done simply. Vertical information is tied to a station and
elevation, there's no connection with the location on the ground, so
reversing it doesn't matter.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 12
Civil3D Groupies

As far as I know,

Reversing the alignment direction only reverses the alignment in planview and not the one in profile view.

You will have to manually change the stations on your alignment in profile view.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I'm not quite getting what you trying to accomplish. Are you trying to reverse the profile view? (left to right)

If so, then you must edit the profile view style. If you have other profile views using this same style then I'd suggest making a copy of the style first, reversing the direction and using it for the above profile.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I'm trying to reverse my Finish Grade centerline vertical Profile. I done the existing profile with 'alignment reverse direction command.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

And you have your answer, it cannot be done with existing tools. Perhaps
with a VBA, but nothing in the product as it ships.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Copy the profile, explode the copy once and it'll become a block. Mirror the copy left to right and use it as a template/guide to modify the shape of your current profile.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I know what you are referring to, well I think I do.

Two years ago I wrote a white paper for a friend’s blog (Doug B) on the topic but it never made it to press.

Anyway here is the workflow using either a xsl or VBA app. (all included in the attached zip)

Enjoy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

This is exactly what I need. Noobie question, where do i put the files to get them to show up in the reports genereator. Im running 2011.

Message 10 of 12
peterfunkautodesk

are you looking to draw the profile starting at the high station on the left and move toward the low station on the right? If so, then just change the profile view style to draw from Right to Left (the default is Left to Right). The first post in this thread is very old and the solution are out of date.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

My situation is exactly as above. And without getting into the detail as to how we arrived at this point, generating the profile in reverese simply wont help in this instance. While the first post is indeed old its not an out of date problem and the solution was posted last June. I have almost 3km's of mountain road designed and i dont want to have to copy, explode and redefine to make it work. Thans though for the suggestion.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Yes!, I remember now, The issue was that when you reversed the direction of the Horz alignment, the Vert design profile did not reverse as well. I was so sure that this was fixed or at least an out of box solution.

I just looked at 2011 and it seemed to be the same. So I do not know what I was thinking.

To answer your question following are the steps to set up the XSLT

1. in the Toolspace tab, top left corner select the toolbox edit icon (tool box with pencil)
  2. Select reports manager and create a new category give it a name "MyTools"
  3. Select the new category and create a new tool name it "Output DGN profile"
  4. set the Execute File to XSLT
  5. set the Execute File to ProfileTXT.xsl
  6. select the save located at the top right.

hope this works, this XSLT was written for 2007, not sure if all the references will still work.

If not, when I get a chance I can look at it, let me know.

However, If I understand your issue correctly, it has to do with the reversing of the profile data, in which case the VBA program is your solution and not the XSLT file.  

The XSLT was for outputting the vertical align profile

The VBA was for outputting the vertical align profile while applying an offset and/or reverseing the direction. 

Hopefully I am missing something in 2011 and someone else has a better solution in 2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report