Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Sample line numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
679 Views, 3 Replies

Reverse Sample line numbers

I have tried to create an expression label to reverse the numbers on a sample line group. It is for a floodline drawing where the first sample line number has to be on the upstream side of the alignment.

I have tried it with MAX, but MAX only look at the maximum value for the current sample line and not all the sample line numbers in the group.

The other option is to have the number of sample lines in the expression, but that is not really an option.

abs({Sample Line Number}-23)

Can someone please put me in the right direction and help me with the expression?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd create an expression called maxSectionNumber or something similar, then I'd use that value in the other expression. This way I can set it manually in one place and not have to worry about trying to get a property that probably isn't possible to get. 

Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried to create an expression label to reverse the numbers on a sample line group. It is for a floodline drawing where the first sample line number has to be on the upstream side of the alignment.

I have tried it with MAX, but MAX only look at the maximum value for the current sample line and not all the sample line numbers in the group.

The other option is to have the number of sample lines in the expression, but that is not really an option.

abs({Sample Line Number}-23)

Can someone please put me in the right direction and help me with the expression?

By "Sample Lines", I'm assuming you're talking about the sample lines you use to get ready for cross sections.  And by extension, I'm assuming you're wanting to make it so that the LAST sample line shows as the beginning.  And the FIRST one shows as the end.  Correct so far?

Why not reverse the alignment direction so the alignment goes in the right direction?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

Tried that  - the sample lines mirror/swapped if the alignment is reversed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report