Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse "Unlock in drawing" command

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sswanson
452 Views, 2 Replies

Reverse "Unlock in drawing" command

When I first created my surface model, any point I moved would snap back to its original position like a rubber band.  I had to do some edits so I unlocked this by .... Survey Tab>My survey database>Survey Points>Points,  and then picked "Unlock In Drawing".  This command unlocked All points in the drawing so I could edit them.

Now that I am done with my edits, how do I reverse this command globally, so as to get  ALL points locked again (so they snap back to their original position like a rubber band if moved, like before) ??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: sswanson

This depends on where you want to points to live.

If they belong in the Survey database, you will need to create a Survey Import Event. When you told it to Unlock in Drawing, that disconnected the drawing-based version of the points from their Survey database counterpart. You moved things around, but the Survey database has not updated. Hence the need for the import event.

If you want the points to be drawing-based and not tied to the survey database, just leave them be, but on the Prospector tab right click Points and select Select. Move to the drawing screen, right click and select Lock Points.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
sswanson
in reply to: tcorey

Thank You Tcorey

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report