AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
deltacoolguy
Message 1 of 3 (438 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reverse line type in pipe network?

438 Views, 2 Replies
02-19-2014 11:58 AM

Is there a way to reverse the line type of a pipe in a pipe network without creating havoc in the pipe network?

For example, we have storm drain line types that look like "------ SD> -------".  The intent is to indicate the direction of flow at a glance.  Obviously, when drawing simple lines it is important which direction we draw them to get the correct direction.  If we make a mistake, however, we simply rotate the line 180 degrees.  No big deal.

Of course, I cannot simply rotate the pipe network line without disrupting the network.  Is there a solution, or do I have to redo those segments?

Thanks.

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013

Not a polyline.

I figured out a solution, though.  Just grab the ends and flip it around.  You have to go into the structure or pipr properties and change the elevations accordingly so it flows the right way again, but that's not too bad.

Valued Mentor
owenmull
Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: Reverse line type in pipe network?

02-19-2014 01:02 PM in reply to: deltacoolguy

If it is a line/polyline, you can reverse its direction by selecting it and using the command, 'REVERSE.' 

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit
NVidia Quadro K3000M Dual Monitor
32.0 GB RAM
Intel Core i7-3820QM @ 2.70 GHz
Civil 3D 2013 SP 2
Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)

Re: Reverse line type in pipe network?

02-19-2014 01:50 PM in reply to: owenmull

Not a polyline.

I figured out a solution, though.  Just grab the ends and flip it around.  You have to go into the structure or pipr properties and change the elevations accordingly so it flows the right way again, but that's not too bad.

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.