Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse line type in pipe network?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
deltacoolguy
3159 Views, 3 Replies

Reverse line type in pipe network?

Is there a way to reverse the line type of a pipe in a pipe network without creating havoc in the pipe network?

For example, we have storm drain line types that look like "------ SD> -------".  The intent is to indicate the direction of flow at a glance.  Obviously, when drawing simple lines it is important which direction we draw them to get the correct direction.  If we make a mistake, however, we simply rotate the line 180 degrees.  No big deal.

Of course, I cannot simply rotate the pipe network line without disrupting the network.  Is there a solution, or do I have to redo those segments?

Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenmull
in reply to: deltacoolguy

If it is a line/polyline, you can reverse its direction by selecting it and using the command, 'REVERSE.' 

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

Not a polyline.

I figured out a solution, though.  Just grab the ends and flip it around.  You have to go into the structure or pipr properties and change the elevations accordingly so it flows the right way again, but that's not too bad.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 4

Not a good practice however - especially if you're taking the pipe network into different software / analysis. It would probably fall-over.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report