Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Wall Subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
9038 Views, 3 Replies

Retaining Wall Subassembly

I have a roadway in cut and I am looking for a way to attach a retaining wall subassembly to the back of my walk so that the wall will retain the slope that we are cutting into. I haven't worked with the wall subassemblies too much, but the insert point of the RetainWallVertical subassembly seem to only be for roadways in fill situations. Since I have limited knowledge on how to manipulate the "out of the box" subassemblies, is there something that I am missing? or can the RetainWallVertical be used for roadways in cut as well?

As an illustration, I have attached a screen shot of what I want the wall to look like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Retaining wall subassemblies are 'smart', so they can determine when in cut or fill and will change how they are applied accordingly. Here is a pic of a portion of an assembly with the VertWall attached:

VertWall in Assembly Layout.PNG

And here is that assembly applied to the corridor. The connection for the cut slope is controlled by a surface which was specified to be a certain height above centerline grade for this project.

VertWall in Use.PNG

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
BrianHailey

If you look at the RetainWallVertical subassembly, you'll see that it will work in both cut and fill situations. They have done a really good job with the help system for C3D, especially the subassembly help. Just right click on the subassembly in the tool palette and select Help.

Here is a link to the online help file if you would like to look at it.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Jeff, worked like a charm! I knew I was overthinking it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report