Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining wall for corridor visualization

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SigridJD
1151 Views, 4 Replies

Retaining wall for corridor visualization

I have made a corridor with "out of the box" assembly. 

The first problem, is that there appears a new surface in the section view, that I can not relate to the assembly (see attached pdf)

The second problem, is that when I choose render or object viewer, the retaining wall has no surface/render material (see attached pdf). In the code style, I have choosen a render-material.

In the pdf file you can see the code set style and subassembly properties.

Many thanks for any input 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.zavislan
in reply to: SigridJD

You probably need to add a boundary to the corridor surface.  You can do that on the Boundary tab of the corridor properties window.  Try the Corridor extents as outer boundary option. 

I tried rendering with the retaining wall subassembly.  The links in that subassembly use the "Top" link code name. (I read this in the Subassembly Reference help document)  I was not able to get them to render. 

Another option would be to generate solids from the corridor.  This can be done with the Extract Corridor Solids function.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
SigridJD
in reply to: david.zavislan

Thanks for the suggestion David.

I tried Corridor extents as outer boundary option and adding top-link surface and a render material to the wall. This did not change the appearance in object viewer.

I tried the extract solids function, but this is new to me, so I need to spend more time working with it. I will get back to you on how it goes.

Thanks for the input.

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SigridJD

What version? I have trouble in 2014 with the wall sub

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
SigridJD
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I use Autocad civil 2014. Now I have updated to 2015. 

The retaining wall still hase no surface, but when imported into 3ds max with civil view, it has a surface. So I will use 3ds max for rendering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report