Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve non-existent crossing breaklines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
troma
904 Views, 2 Replies

Resolve non-existent crossing breaklines

Dealing with an old topo.  Building a surface from a point group of points in the drawing, and 2D polyline being used as proximity breaklines.

Here is my list of events after I rebuild the surface:

Crossing Breaklines.PNG

So I went to use the 'Resolve Crossing breaklines' tool, and here's what that looked like:

There are no crossing breaklines.PNG

So are there or aren't there?

When I use the 'Zoom to' feature, it takes me to the midpoint of a TIN line on a breakline, with no other objects around.  Crossing window selection: only the surface and one polyline.

Funny thing, I found one crossing breakline just by accident, not from either of these tools.  After I fixed it it didn't change anything.  I even deleted all the breaklines from the surface and added them again, closed drawing and reopened, no change.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: troma

If you're sure your data are ok, the easy resolution would be to go to Surface Properties, Definition tab, expand Build and turn on Allow Crossing Breaklines. The crossings will no longer keep C3D from adding the breaklines to the surface.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
troma
in reply to: tcorey

Yeah, it's a question of if I'm sure or not...like I said, old topo. I would like to be more sure.

I really wanted to find them and check them out, but I can't find them. The tool says there aren't any, and 'zoom to' takes me to one breakline, not two.

Got pulled off that onto a different job, if I find anything else I'll post back. I'll be checking back for ideas too, if anyone has any feel free, thanks.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report