Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset vs. reconstruction

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Hidden_Brain
241 Views, 4 Replies

reset vs. reconstruction

i am curious to know how everyone is checking reset vs. reconstruction of existing inlets/manholes using pipe networks (or some other means). i started thinking along lines of having all structures pull top of grates from FG, and then from EG, then somehow export these two tables in excel and compare. cumbersome, i know, the reason why i would like to ask the question. i am hoping someone may already have a trick up his/her sleeve to achieve this using expressions, so that it can be incorporated into the structures tables. in our area, if >1' then reconstruct, otherwise reset frame.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

If I ubderstand correctly if the elevation differenc is X you reconstruct and if Y you reset?

add the 2 surface elevations ti the structure label style. Even make a volume surface and add that to the structure label to see the difference calculated?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 5
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, thanks for replying. yes, that is pretty much what i was referring to (calculating difference between FG and EG) in my original post. do you know of any way i can get it into the structures table and make C3D populate a column in the table calling out reset or recon?

Message 4 of 5
Neilw_05

Here is another idea that might work for you.

As Joe suggested, create a volume surface between existing and proposed. Once you have the volume surface you can use it to identiify the manholes that are more than 1 ft below grade. To do so you would create a surface style for the volume surface that shows all areas where the EG is more than 1 ft below FG (elevation <-1), perhaps making it display red in those areas.

Now you can select all the manholes that are within the red area and manually change the style to Reconstruct in the prospector or in the properties pallet. I don't have a functional C3D right now so I can't test the workflow.

PS: It might work better if you create a display style that shows all areas NOT more than 1' depth (elevation >=-1). That would make it easier to see and select the appropriate manholes since there would be no triangles displayed in those areas..

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Hi Y-PESmiley Surprised

it would require some tricky expression writting, but you should be able to add a collum to show a reference surface elevation for starters

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report