Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Object Layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
288 Views, 1 Reply

Reset Object Layers

I have a drawing controlled by object layering... but all the entities in the drawing are on layer 0 when i pick them... they display correctly, and I can control them via the layer manager, but I'd like to be able to pick the object to know what layer it's on.

Is there a way to reset the linework somehow so when I list it it's on the object layer...?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know about resetting your existing object layers settings, but, I do know what you can do to avoid this in the future. Open up your template file. In your prospector window, right click on your drawing in the list, edit drawing properties. In the object layer tab of the new window, set your civil 3d stuff to specific layers.

In my template, we also use wildcards in the layering, so an alignment, chose a layer called "Align-" and give it a wildcard mark at the end. If your alignment created is called Street A, then when the alignment is created, the Civil 3d alignment will go on a layer called "Align-Street A", or "Align-Street B" if you called it Street B, ect... There are various ways to go about setting up the Civil 3d layering stuff- wild cards prefix, wild card suffix, no wild cards, ect...

I guess you could set this in your current drawing and also change the C3d entities to the new layers, but that will probably take awhile if you've gone a long way in your file.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report