Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQ# Free form corridors !!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alhassansamir
270 Views, 4 Replies

REQ# Free form corridors !!!

Hello everone..

My questions is : how can i make a free form corridor as shown (Att#)

Regards..

new surafce-Model.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: alhassansamir

Depends what you want to do with it.

Yes. If you use a Marked point and multiple baselines then you can create a corridor model. If you want to have 3d links created for sections etc then you wil need to create a new centreline which runs in between the two other alignments and add a nother baseline with generic links projecting outwards to either alignment. I would not use a point name at the end but only create the top links and carefully select the increment and add aditional sections.

The objective is to create a surface and be able to set it out so you will set out all baselines seporately. I would only use the centreline for cross section production.

You could use the centreline to control the outer profiles by creating a dummy corridor which extends outside the extents of the two alignments. Adding a surface and projecting profiles from this surface onto the outer alignments. These can then be left as dynamic links and set as the controlling profiles for those baselines.

I have used this aproach a lot as we seem to have a lot of roads which are now places with the UK Manual for streets and also when designiing Plazas etc.

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: alhassansamir

I'd suggest a Civil 3D training course as this is a complicated corridor and those tight curves will cause issues with the modelling etc

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 5
alhassansamir
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Many thanks Mikeevans.. for your fast feedback.. I want to make 3d model for my project .. i have 3d surface and i wan to to make 3d corridor with side slope 2% .. i used feature line object but i found the right edge of feature line points elevation is different than the left edge .. is Baseline option ( unknown for me) can solve this problem please advice Thanks
Message 5 of 5

Any feedback ???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report