Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports Manager - Parcel map Check

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DaveM
1031 Views, 4 Replies

Reports Manager - Parcel map Check

All,

I am trying to figure out how to customize the reports that Civil 3d can generate to my firms needs. I have figured out how to change the appearance and precisions to the most of the numbers, but i still can not figure out a lot. Currently i am working on the output of the Parcel Map Check Report.  If you look at the attachment i have an Image of what i have been asked to generate and an excel file of what i have been able to generate. I need to figure out how to remove the "," from the coordinates and how to rearrange/ change font of the way some things come out. Can you help me with this or point me out to an online article that can.

I am Grateful for any help to the understanding of how this works.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: DaveM

The coordinate/distance format and font settings are in the VB.NET code.

In the ParcelFormat.vb file you will find the RoundVal function with this code:

Dim sFormatString As String
        sFormatString = "N" + prec.ToString()
        RoundVal = roundedValue.ToString(sFormatString)

Change the "N" to "F" to remove the grouping separators (commas).

The fonts are trickier. If you wish to pursue this please repost in the C3D Customization forum and I will dig up some instructions I gave another user a while back.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
DaveM
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

This is exactly what i was looking for. I found the folder shown below, but i do not see a file called ParcelFormat.vb. There may be another folder that i am not aware of. I currently do not have any software on my computer that will open the files in the folder. After doing a google search it sounds like i need visual studios, which is very expensive. Do you know of any cheaper software that will alllow me to affect the code, notepad brings in a lot of foreign symbols.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: DaveM

Oops, that should have been ReportFormat.vb. The files are in subfolders found at this path: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Data\Reports\Net\Source\

You should be able to open them in Notepad, although I don't recommend it since they still need to be recompiled. Yes, Visual Studio Vb.NET should be used. But there is a free version, get the 2010 Express version here:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads#d-2010-express

There is a learning curve with this software! I do not suggest jumping right in, thinking you can just make a simple edit and run the report. There are a number of wesites that have some training for this, make sure you go through these first.

blog.civil3dreminders.com <-- you will need to search this site

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=18162650&siteID=123112

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/03/page/2/

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
DaveM
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you for the link to that tutorial, I have been looking for something to that degree for a very long time. I have never met someone in person who customizes autocad so it has been difficult to locate what i need to learn to become efficient at it. I hope to one day buy you a beer.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report