Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Manager Issues

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Razzmatazz
460 Views, 8 Replies

Report Manager Issues

Hi, I'm using C3D 2013 and I'm trying to create a PVI station report for a profile but all I get is a blank report with just the title. What could be the problem? I tried downloading and using a DLL file posted by Jeff Mishler a while ago but nothing doing.

The funny thing is that another profile from a different alignment within the same project is generating it's PVI report.......I'm just perplexed. Attached is the Land XML version of the alignment and profile.

Please help.......Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Razzmatazz

The PVI Report only processed Design profiles. The profile in the XML file is Existing.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
Razzmatazz
in reply to: Jeff_M

No way, I couldn't have uploaded an existing profile. It's a design profile. Maybe the issue is the profile style, please change it to design or proposed.  Am sure I attached a design profile.  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 9
Jeff_M

This is extracted from the XML file you posted:

<Profile name="Hargeisa Town alignment">
<ProfSurf name="Hargeisa Town FG profile" state="existing">
<PntList2D>

In an XML file containing a Design profile, the state property does not exist, and the PVI's/VC's are shown instead of 2dpoints:

<ProfAlign name="Layout (21)">
<PVI>2550.000039491625 207.24</PVI>
<ParaCurve length="300.">2750.000039491625 213.36</ParaCurve>
EESignature
Message 5 of 9
Razzmatazz

OK, thanks alot. I've seen it. Why would a design profile behave like an existing ground profile once you export to land XML? The first attachment shows a screen shot of the profile and as you can see it's a design profile. The red one underneath is the existing ground profile. I've also attached a land XML of both profiles now and it's true, the XML data for the design profile is similar to the one for the existing ground, 2D points only. Why would this be the case? Thanks man..

Message 6 of 9
Razzmatazz

Hey, I found a workaround to it. I copied the PVI data from the panorama to excel then txt and I created the same profile from file. The new profile gave the PVI report without any problems and it's XML is OK too. But am still buffled by how a design profile would appear as an existing ground profile in LandXML. What do you think?

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

Not sure why C3D thinks that profile is existing. Any chance that you could share that dwg file to investigate?
EESignature
Message 8 of 9
Razzmatazz

Of course i'd like to share it but it's too large.......unless i remove the corridor and surfaces first or do u know of another place I can share it? Cheers. Btw are you Jeff Mishler....

Message 9 of 9
Jeff_M

Use Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive, Autodesk 360, etc, to save large files, then share a public link here. Yes, tis I.
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report