AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Brian Hailey
Message 1 of 6 (207 Views)

Repeat last Civil3D command

207 Views, 5 Replies
12-15-2004 03:24 PM
Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. Thanks, -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
*H Gohel
Message 2 of 6 (207 Views)

Re: Repeat last Civil3D command

12-16-2004 05:17 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
"Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... > Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command > similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am > finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. Brian, Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click and select the repeat last command option. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>
*Brian Hailey
Message 3 of 6 (207 Views)

12-16-2004 11:03 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Hi Himanshu, I'm aware of those options but, that just does the last command. For instance, if I'm editing pipes in LDT and I edit a pipe run graphically, exit the command, zoom around to check something out, zoom back, I can simply type LDD and it will rerun the last LDT command, i.e. edit pipe run graphically. If I hit the space bar, enter, or right click, it will go back to the last command, which in this case, was zoom. As I said, I use this ALL the time (well, some other commands as well) and I find it to be a huge time saver. Thanks for listening. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41c18aeb_3@newsprd01... > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... >> Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command >> similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am >> finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. > > > Brian, > > Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click > and select the repeat last command option. > > -- > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <> > >
*Laurie Comerford
Message 4 of 6 (207 Views)

12-16-2004 11:34 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Hi Brian, I haven't made time to look at a Civil 3D menu yet, but if you examine the structure of LDD menu commands you can almost certainly repeat that with the Civil 3D menu instructions. The lisp to do it may have to be written again, but to a lisp programmer it should not be difficult. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41c1dbf1$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Himanshu, > > I'm aware of those options but, that just does the last command. For > instance, if I'm editing pipes in LDT and I edit a pipe run graphically, > exit the command, zoom around to check something out, zoom back, I can > simply type LDD and it will rerun the last LDT command, i.e. edit pipe run > graphically. If I hit the space bar, enter, or right click, it will go back > to the last command, which in this case, was zoom. As I said, I use this > ALL the time (well, some other commands as well) and I find it to be a huge > time saver. > > Thanks for listening. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41c18aeb_3@newsprd01... > > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > > news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... > >> Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command > >> similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am > >> finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. > > > > > > Brian, > > > > Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click > > and select the repeat last command option. > > > > -- > > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > > Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <> > > > > > >
*Don Reichle
Message 5 of 6 (207 Views)

12-18-2004 05:33 PM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Hey Brian; For the truly lazy amongst us, you're aware that you can use the mouse cursor to get the Last Five commands after right-clicking in the Command Window? They come up in the Recent Commands flyout. But the drag to that is that all LDD commands are treated the same in that list. There's no separation from a Edit Vertical Alignments pick to a Convert 3D Polylines to 2D pick. Its just whichever one was last out of the two. Probably the same as your typing LDD from the keyboard. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41c1dbf1$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Himanshu, > > I'm aware of those options but, that just does the last command. For > instance, if I'm editing pipes in LDT and I edit a pipe run graphically, > exit the command, zoom around to check something out, zoom back, I can > simply type LDD and it will rerun the last LDT command, i.e. edit pipe run > graphically. If I hit the space bar, enter, or right click, it will go back > to the last command, which in this case, was zoom. As I said, I use this > ALL the time (well, some other commands as well) and I find it to be a huge > time saver. > > Thanks for listening. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41c18aeb_3@newsprd01... > > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > > news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... > >> Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command > >> similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am > >> finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. > > > > > > Brian, > > > > Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click > > and select the repeat last command option. > > > > -- > > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > > Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <> > > > > > >
Contributor
gera525
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)

02-10-2005 02:56 PM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
That take too much time and effort to do. I like the ldd command too.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.