Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat last Civil3D command

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
757 Views, 6 Replies

Repeat last Civil3D command

Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. Thanks, -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... > Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command > similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am > finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. Brian, Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click and select the repeat last command option. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Himanshu, I'm aware of those options but, that just does the last command. For instance, if I'm editing pipes in LDT and I edit a pipe run graphically, exit the command, zoom around to check something out, zoom back, I can simply type LDD and it will rerun the last LDT command, i.e. edit pipe run graphically. If I hit the space bar, enter, or right click, it will go back to the last command, which in this case, was zoom. As I said, I use this ALL the time (well, some other commands as well) and I find it to be a huge time saver. Thanks for listening. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41c18aeb_3@newsprd01... > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... >> Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command >> similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am >> finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. > > > Brian, > > Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click > and select the repeat last command option. > > -- > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <> > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Brian, I haven't made time to look at a Civil 3D menu yet, but if you examine the structure of LDD menu commands you can almost certainly repeat that with the Civil 3D menu instructions. The lisp to do it may have to be written again, but to a lisp programmer it should not be difficult. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41c1dbf1$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Himanshu, > > I'm aware of those options but, that just does the last command. For > instance, if I'm editing pipes in LDT and I edit a pipe run graphically, > exit the command, zoom around to check something out, zoom back, I can > simply type LDD and it will rerun the last LDT command, i.e. edit pipe run > graphically. If I hit the space bar, enter, or right click, it will go back > to the last command, which in this case, was zoom. As I said, I use this > ALL the time (well, some other commands as well) and I find it to be a huge > time saver. > > Thanks for listening. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41c18aeb_3@newsprd01... > > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > > news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... > >> Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command > >> similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am > >> finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. > > > > > > Brian, > > > > Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click > > and select the repeat last command option. > > > > -- > > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > > Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <> > > > > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hey Brian; For the truly lazy amongst us, you're aware that you can use the mouse cursor to get the Last Five commands after right-clicking in the Command Window? They come up in the Recent Commands flyout. But the drag to that is that all LDD commands are treated the same in that list. There's no separation from a Edit Vertical Alignments pick to a Convert 3D Polylines to 2D pick. Its just whichever one was last out of the two. Probably the same as your typing LDD from the keyboard. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41c1dbf1$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Himanshu, > > I'm aware of those options but, that just does the last command. For > instance, if I'm editing pipes in LDT and I edit a pipe run graphically, > exit the command, zoom around to check something out, zoom back, I can > simply type LDD and it will rerun the last LDT command, i.e. edit pipe run > graphically. If I hit the space bar, enter, or right click, it will go back > to the last command, which in this case, was zoom. As I said, I use this > ALL the time (well, some other commands as well) and I find it to be a huge > time saver. > > Thanks for listening. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "H Gohel" wrote in message news:41c18aeb_3@newsprd01... > > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > > news:41c0c7af$1_2@newsprd01... > >> Is there any plan for something that will repeat the last Civil3D command > >> similar to LDD in Land Desktop? I use this all the time in LDT and am > >> finding it a little frustrating not having it in Civil3D. > > > > > > Brian, > > > > Try the space bar (as in AutoCAD), or if you prefer the mouse, right click > > and select the repeat last command option. > > > > -- > > Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. > > Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <> > > > > > >
Message 6 of 7
gera525

That take too much time and effort to do. I like the ldd command too.
Message 7 of 7
aausummit

Hey, Don, Autodesk took my Kurta digitizer pad and 16 button puck away when R13 and Windoze reared its ugly head... They'd better not DARE take away my command line or there's gonna be trouble... 😉
===========
C3D 2020.5.2
===========
W10 Pro v1903/18362.1016
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @3.40GHz
24 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report