Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renumber Tags (menu item -- PLURAL). Required to be one at a time?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doni49
463 Views, 2 Replies

Renumber Tags (menu item -- PLURAL). Required to be one at a time?

C3D 2012

Select ONE SINGLE tag (Line & Curve label tag).  "Labels - General Segment Label" ribbon tab appears with a menu item "Renumber Tags".

But if I select more than one tag, this item is grayed out/disabled.

1) Is there someway to perform the command on a group of tags?  I removed one tag from the middle and want to decrement the rest of them by number.

2) If you're going to require this be done 1-at-a-time, wouldn't it make sense for this to be called "Renumber Tag"?

RenumberTags.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: doni49

Yes, but if I remember correctly you do not have to start the routine over.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
doni49
in reply to: wfberry

It was still a PITA.  I had 50 tags that needed renumbered.  When I saw "Renumber Tags", I thought it would do them all.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report