Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renumber points problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
508 Views, 6 Replies

Renumber points problem

I have problem with renumbering points in civil 3d. I have points from 3-50, and from 100-150. I want to renumber all points and get points from 1-97. with renumbering i can only get aditive factor, but i cant renumber all points so i have it in oreder from one point to another.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Mirazina,

How about changing the numbers in two steps? Add (-2) to 3-50 and add (-52) to 100-150.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Its ok idea, but it is pain in **** when you are surveyor, and you have 3 teams surveying, first team uses numbers from 100-200, but misses numbers, 124,126,128....second team uses numbers from 300-400 but misses numbers 226-240, and third team uses numbers from 300-400 but misses numbers 307,308,309,311,313.

And now i want it renumber all from 1 - xxx, so i can have it in order...

Message 4 of 7
Pointdump

Mirazina,

I don't know a way to do a batch renumber, but I'll bet someone else here knows a way.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: Pointdump

AFAIK It's not possible without programing. We leave field shots as they are to match the field books in case there is a question later on on elevation or description.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
doni49
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

AFAIK It's not possible without programing. We leave field shots as they are to match the field books in case there is a question later on on elevation or description.

Allen

Same here.  I can't even begin to imagine the headaches involved with doing otherwise.  I think it would be better to have the field crew use the proper numbers in the first place.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 7
AllenJessup

Probably the quickest way would be to export the points to a CSV file, open it in Excel, erase the points, start with 1 and fill down to create consecutive numbers, delete the points in the file and import the edited CSV file.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report