Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing NCS Layers from the DWT

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rl_jackson
777 Views, 4 Replies

Removing NCS Layers from the DWT

Well in my down time over the weekend Smiley Very Happy I began the task of creating a new dwt file from the NCS Imperial template, we don't use those layers and I created my original dwt with the acad.dwt, but hearing that could cause some issues, I decided it would be best to start over.

So in my process, I imported may styles and layers so that all the styles would change to my non-NCS format then purged the drawing and styles out and got it down this:

NCS_Layers.png

Now, I'm stuck. I can't find a single style or setting with the the exception of Basic Feature line style that has any of these layers associated to it. And the feature line style that reference C-ROAD-FEAT is grayed out. What is upwith that, would anyone have a clue as to were I might go to get the layers these NCS layers removed.

I have attached the v13 dwt file, if anyone could point me in the right direction so that I can get these removed it would be greatly appriciated.

TIA,

Rick

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: rl_jackson

I used LAYMRG and Audit to remove them. Besides the one in the Featureline style. it showed layers used in SampleLineGroup & RoadwayMarker styles.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for checking, I ran the LAYMRG over the weekend and it wouldn't let me push things to 0 or it was a operator error thing. Did the same thing today based on your post and it worked. Go figure! 🙂

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

I'm a complete novice here. I figured out how to create a .dwt file but I still can't purge unwanted layers. I'm trying to create a new template from an existing one. Can anyone provide a step by step process. It's as if all the layers are locked.

Message 5 of 5
zen.rookhuyzen
in reply to: Anonymous

LAYDEL is forceful and will be able to delete layers that appear to be locked in the Layer manger.

LAYDEL

Choose Name

A dialog box will appear, select your layers you want gone.

Click ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report