Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing leaders from individual dragged point elevations

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bcsurvey
1830 Views, 8 Replies

removing leaders from individual dragged point elevations

I'd like to turn off the leader for individual points that have had a component dragged.  For most points, I need the leader, but for others, it's just in the way.  I'm beginning to think that I have to make a whole new label style in which the leader for dragged components is made invisible.  I've already had to do that for other tweaks and hope that this won't be yet another one . . . 

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: bcsurvey

sound like your only option.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
bcsurvey
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

found it

- from default label position, left click label

- click blue circle (sub-item grip toggle) diagonal from point

- drag component(s) as desired

"thanks"

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Excellent!

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

If you only have one text component as part of your label style, then there is no way to access the "sub item grips".

See this for more info: http://cadpanacea.com/node/382

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 9
Neilw_05
in reply to: rkmcswain

Nice workaround Randal.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 9
bcsurvey
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks.

I just moved over from 2010 recently and from my original post, the option to select the sub-item grips was the blue circle that came up upon left-clicking the point.  It took me a few minutes to realize that 2012 required the left-click, then hover over the blue square, etc.  When I made our template, I tried to COPY label styles as much as I could and just make the other components' visibility FALSE, so I never knew about the single-item issue.  Any single text item styles we use are not point-related, so an arrow is desireable whenever they move (other than line/curve labels which I sometimes show As Composed without the leader).

Here's one for you though:

I've noticed when moving large quantities of point elevations that if I don't unselect any points as I move along, I can often just click on another point and it's sub-item grips are already available.  But for some points I still have to hover over the blue and select toggle grips.  At first, I thought it was for points on the same  layer, but then I had several points on the same layer where this wouldnt' work.   Then I tried points of same/different point groups.  That wasn't it.  I haven't been able to find what property the points need to have in common so that the user doesn't need to do the hover-over-the-blue-square bit.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 8 of 9

Select all--> Right Click any Label --> Reset Label

Message 9 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: michaelbutler1355

If you reset the label, it will move back to its original position. The OP was asking how to leave the label in-place, but remove the leader. That was answered by @bcsurvey 

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report