Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing .dst from Recent Documents list

62 REPLIES 62
Message 1 of 63
mjung
3285 Views, 62 Replies

Removing .dst from Recent Documents list

Does anyone know of a way to remove the .dst listings in the "Recent Documents" list on the "File" pulldown? We use Civil 3D mostly with dwg files and they are usually pushed off the list because of Sheet Set Manager files. Some of these dst's haven't been opened in weeks? But there still at the top of the list....very unproductive when you have to go searching for a dwg file you were just working on......

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
62 REPLIES 62
Message 61 of 63
jeffr
in reply to: Nrhoads

Thanks, the Workaround will be a decent crutch, but we sure would like Autodesk to provide a fix!!  Of all the large firms I've worked, none use the .dst files that much.

Message 62 of 63
_Hathaway
in reply to: jeffr

I agree Jeffr. While I never have to use a DST file, our Engineering department uses them on occasion but definitely not enough to warrant them clogging up your recently used files. It really is quite surprising how little the people that design this type of stuff actually understand it's daily use. With that said, at least this work around is relatively painless. I run that routine once a week.
Message 63 of 63
Nrhoads
in reply to: jeffr

You're welcome for the workaround. I hate workarounds but they are a necessary evil these days.  Something else you should do is SUBMIT A BUG REPORT and OPEN A SUPPORT CASE. 

Report bugs here... http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Here's some txt for you to copy/paste in your bug report and support case. Also, send the attached images:

(I "borrowed" some of the \txt and the images from rkmcswain)

Title - Recent documents list not working properly

Issue:

Yesterday, I had 3 or 4 drawings open, working on each of them.  This morning I opened C3D, and saved the default empty drawing as the junk33.dwg (see attached “original[1].png”) There is a DST that is says was accessed today (it wasn't), and 7 DST files under "older". No mention of any of the 3-4 drawings I was in all day yesterday.  I opened (using File>Open>Browse) a single drawing and worked in it until just a few minutes ago.  Then I saved, closed C3D, and restarted C3D.  Here is my "Recent" list now (see attached “original[2].png”)

Not only does it not show the DWG file I just closed, but two of the three DST files it shows as "last used today" - were absolutely NOT accessed today, or even in the last few weeks for that matter.

After much reading on the forums I've found that this has been going on since 2009.  Apparently that’s when the ability to open sheet sets was added. I recently upgraded from Civil 3D 2008, that's why I'm just now finding out about this issue and seeking a fix for it.

Also, I read a post that the development team has said this is a core AutoCAD issue and there's no telling when it will be fixed. See this thread for that post in 2011 http://autodesk.lithium.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Recent-documents-list/m-p/3036096#M153054

Thanks for your assistance in getting this issue resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report