Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove survey Data Points

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rwatson654
1648 Views, 8 Replies

Remove survey Data Points

We need to remove multiple survey database points from a drawing but not all, due to construction on a site previously surveyed.  What is the best method for this? 

C3D 2013 (latest updates)

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

16 GB RAM

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: rwatson654

You could create a new point group and just exclude those points you don't want to show up.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 9
rwatson654
in reply to: sjg

thanks for the reply Steve.  We had thought of that but would like to create a "clean" drawing with the "old" points not in the dwg.  I know points can be removed from the dwg individually from the Survey Database but could not find the ability to remove by selection on the screen.  Hoping I'm missing this.

Message 4 of 9
sjg
Advisor

See attached image. In toolspace, survey tab, under your survey database, choose survey points. Once you click survey points at the bottom of the toolspace it lists all points within that database. Select all points to remove using shift and control, right click on one you have selected, select points and select remove from drawing.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 9
rwatson654
in reply to: sjg

That would work too.  The problem is we don't know the point numbers without listing them in the dwg.  This is why we would prefer to select the points in the drawing and remove.

Message 6 of 9
rl_jackson

Have you tried sorting points in the db using survey point groups

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
rwatson654

I may be missing something but I don't see how sorting the point numbers will help.  We do not know which point numbers need to be removed, unless each point that needs to be removed is listed in the DWG.  I was hoping to select multiple points in the dwg and have them removed.

Message 8 of 9
rl_jackson

SHort of using the Survey Point Group (or Queries for v2013), I don't think you'll be able to select them in the drawing. When I was speaking of Sorting, within the SUrvey Point Groups dialog when you select the description column they will sort by the description alphabetically then you can go through and check ones you wish to add to the Group. Now with Queries, you'll have a more power in that you could set multiple descriptions in the query. But your going to need to make some decision as to what's going in the group or query, there is no method of selection by window or picks that I see. (Note Queries are quite powerful, you can even select by NEZ so that may be your best bet.)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
david.zavislan

You can select and remove with the ERASE command.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report