Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Excel Data Link

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
jak79
31594 Views, 23 Replies

Remove Excel Data Link

I am using Rel 2013 C3D

My question is. How do I remove excel data links from my Reference Manager (see attached image). What I have been doing is AutoCad erasing the graphics from my drawing but the link still remains in the xref manager window.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jak79

Type in DATALINK.  Right-click on the datalinks and select Delete.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 24
artrlly
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Todd, I am working in a file where I am not using data links. When I check my reference list, there are some data links that are referenced. I have tried to delete them, but they will not delete. I tried to delete them from the data link manager, and it says that they cannot be deleted because they are in use. I never have had data tables in this file that would use a datalink. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this link?
Message 4 of 24
ToddRogers-WPM

Hey Art. I am teaching today. Email me tomorrow and I will tske a look at this.
Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 24
Joe-Bouza

Something abu=out dictionary edit.....I used this post some time ago with sucess

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?78139-remove-data-link-from-drawing

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 24
civman_daar

Run this routine to remove datalinks.

command: dxedel

Message 7 of 24
sheril.roth
in reply to: civman_daar

Working in C3D 2013...the dxedel did not work.  Links still listed in Xref manager and not able to be removed, detached, etc.  No data tables exist in drawing.  Are there any other solutions to this issue?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Sheril

Message 8 of 24
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sheril.roth

Have you tried detaching via the data link manager ?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 24
sheril.roth
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yes I have. There are no data links listed in the data link manager.

Sheril Roth
1547 CAD Manager/Sr. Civil Designer

URS Corporation
625 West Ridge Pike, Suite E-100
Conshohocken PA 19428
Phone (direct): (610) 832-3551
Phone (main): (610) 832-3500 Fax: (610) 832-3501

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.
Message 10 of 24
gould62
in reply to: sheril.roth

I am having the same issue.  I have done everything you have.  I have tried everything from DXFOUT, to wblock, purge, audit, etc.  No avail, any others out there have any suggestions?

Patrick J. Gould, P.E.
Lamac Engineering, a division of Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick

Civil 3D 2018
Windows 10 Pro-64 bit system
Intel Core i7-5930K cpu @ 3.5ghz
Nvidia Quadro K2200
32.0 GB ram
Message 11 of 24
CVP25
in reply to: gould62

Any solution arrived>?
Message 12 of 24
CivilNJ
in reply to: CVP25

I was able to strip out dead links by doing the WBLOCK and being sure to use WINDOW to select only visible objects.  A little work but I now have a clean(er) drawing.

Tags (3)
Message 13 of 24

My question is. How do I remove excel data links from my Reference Manager (see attached image). What I have been doing is AutoCad erasing the graphics from my drawing but the link still remains in the xref manager window.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 14 of 24
nonbeard13
in reply to: manish.suman99

Hello.

If the drawing is not very complicated (multiple layout tabs), you can open a new drawing and then wblock your current problem drawing into the new drawing.  The only items that can be copied have to be On, and Unlocked.  

Best wishes

Nonbeard 13

Message 15 of 24

So easy yet so hard.. for those of use that never use datalinks. Thanks only took 6 different posts to find the right answer 🙂 

Message 16 of 24
ChicagoLooper

If you still have the linked Table, begin at step 1. If you have deleted table using delete key, go to step 4.

1. Right click in an individual cell.
  2. From shortcut menu, Data Links=>Detach Data Link. Then YES to confirm.
  3. The GREEN markers at the corners will disappear meaning the table is no longer linked. (BTW, the green markers indicate the table is 'linked' to a spreadsheet or csv file) .
  4. Go to Annotate tab=>Tables panel=>DataLink icon. Alternatively, type DATALINK on command line.
  5. Right click on the desired table name (be patient, wait for shortcut menu)=>Delete, then YES to confirm.
  6. Click OK button.
  7. Do NOT forget step 6, it is the most important step when deleting a 'link.'

Chicagolooper
Message 17 of 24
msisler

Message 18 of 24

thanks its really helpfull

Message 19 of 24
jrreid

Just downloaded and used the DXEDEL command and just wanted to pass along that it is still working great for AutoCAD 2021!!!

I have searched for many years for this type of command to remove unwanted missing excel links!!

Thank you for posting!!!

Thanks!!!

JRR.

Message 20 of 24
jrreid

Just downloaded and used the DXEDEL command and just wanted to pass along that it is still working great for AutoCAD 2021!!!
I have searched for many years for this type of command to remove unwanted missing excel links!!
Thank you for posting!!!
Thanks!!!
JRR.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report