Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove .DST's from Recent Documents list

60 REPLIES 60
SOLVED
Message 1 of 61
Jeff_M
8623 Views, 60 Replies

Remove .DST's from Recent Documents list

Attached is a zip file with a standalone program to aid in cleaning up the Recent Documents list for all flavors of AutoCAD, 2009-2013.

It's pretty self explanatory, just be sure to run it with no sessions of AutoCAD, or vertical products, running. It should refuse to run if it sees any Acad.exe application in the running tasks list. Once the dialog opens it will show you all of the Autocad related products you have installed, select one and it will fill in the first list of recent documents. Then select a profile for that product and the second list will populate with the SSM related recent documents saved for that profile. You can then select any item from either list, if the same DST filename exists in both lists it will automatically select them both. Use the standard selection methods to select more than one (shift-click, control-click, window).

Be sure to Unblock, if needed, the zip file before extracting the exe file. (Check the file properties)

If you find it useful, or if you have any problems with this, please let me know at jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
60 REPLIES 60
Message 2 of 61
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jeff_M

Works as advertised. Thanks for sharing.

Now that it's clean, I'll can keep an eye on how it adds and tracks recent dwg and dst files.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 61
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thank you!

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 61
jmayo-EE

Very nice of you Jeff. Thanks a bunch.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 61
Jeff_M

I'm glad a few of you have found it useful!

EESignature
Message 6 of 61
troma

Is this just a one-time cleanup tool or does it also prevent new additions to the list?

Thanks.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 61
Jeff_M
in reply to: troma

It does not prevent them from being added. Run it as often as you like to cleanup the list(s).

EESignature
Message 8 of 61
troma

Very cool, thanks!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 9 of 61
tcorey

Jeff, all of us who participate here are very lucky to have you around. Thanks for sharing this and for your on-going help.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 10 of 61
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tcorey

Absolutely.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 61
rkmcswain

Jeff -

I would like to add my thanks to you for this tool also.

Unfortuntely, it just defies logic that we even have a need for such tools though. 

Why can't Autodesk just FIX this?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 61
jarrad.fels
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi guys,

I downloaded and ran the tool on my PC, but when I go to run on another PC it fails to launch and displays a dialogue box saying "AutoCAD Recent Documents Manager has Stopped working - Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...."

Has anyone else come across this error? Any suggestions how to get around it?

By the way, we are all running the same PC's. Z400's with W7 x64.

Message 13 of 61
KEGdrafter
in reply to: jarrad.fels

I too got this message trying to open the program. I also have Win7/64. If there is a way to open this program I would love to know it. I use the sheet set manager all the time and my list of recently open docs does not have a single dwg on it!!!

Message 14 of 61
Jeff_M

Make sure to unblock the zip file before exttqcting the dll by looking at the zip's properties. Also, the dll needs to be run from a local drive, not over the network.
EESignature
Message 15 of 61
KEGdrafter

I've unblocked and running locally but with no luck. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 16 of 61
Jeff_M

There may be an issue if you have anther Autodesk product installed which has not had any drawing opened yet. I thought I'd addressed that but it may still be an issue. I'm at Autodesk University right now so can't offer much more than that.
EESignature
Message 17 of 61
KEGdrafter

Jeff, Indeed I have autodesk products on board that I've never opened. I'll try your suggestion and will post back in the future. Enjoy AU! Thank you. Gary A. Tepe gt@keg-engineering.com Cad Operator - Structural Engineering Design KARINS ENGINEERING GROUP Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Naples/Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale Voice: (866) 927-8525; HQ Fax: (941) 927-8075
Message 18 of 61
Jeff_M
in reply to: KEGdrafter

OK, I did make some changes to the code after the one I posted to this thread. I posted it elsewhere and forgot to add it here. So here is the updated program, and should be the one that works even when it encounters uninitailized Autocad programs & profiles.

Hopefully this solves the errors reported above.

EESignature
Message 19 of 61
KEGdrafter
in reply to: rkmcswain

Jeff - just tried the new tool and an extra message "a problem locating initialized autodesk applications was encountered exiting" comes up before the other message of the program has stopped running. So still no luck for me.

Message 20 of 61
Jeff_M

Ok, I will try to track that down when I return from AU. What other autdeak products do you have installed?
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report