Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative path xref reverts back to saved path

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pserpas
507 Views, 2 Replies

Relative path xref reverts back to saved path

I have a bunch of plan sheets with an xref'ed motif file.  This motif file has several nested references in it.  I saved the original plan sheets to new files and used the XREF Manager to switch out the motif file with a new one, with different nested references in it.  I did this to avoid reclipping and rotating the new motif.  The problem is that now instead of a relative path, I have a full path.  I don't see how to change the current path [shared_drive]:\\09526211100\roadway\MTPLSP01.DWG to the path I want, which is .\MTPLSP01, I think.

Any ideas how to do this?

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
8 GB Ram
Intel Core i5-2310 @ 2.90 GHz
v. F.107.0.0 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP1
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pserpas
in reply to: pserpas

Well now, I'm not so sure about this.  If the original motif was attached as a relative path, why wouldn't the new one take on the same attributes as the first?  Like I said, I am using the XREF Manager and just changing the files out in the Found At field dot dot dot.

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
8 GB Ram
Intel Core i5-2310 @ 2.90 GHz
v. F.107.0.0 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP1
Message 3 of 3
JessieQuilatan
in reply to: pserpas

pserpas-

AutoCAD can only have one path per name in the xref manager. So if the xref name MTPLSP01.DWG is used multiple times in your xref manager, it will use the path first found going top down in your list. All other instances of this name will have the path ignored. To get around this, you must rename the copied file (and all it's nested files if you want those to be different too), and insert (not remap) using the xref manager.

-Michael

Michael Merlino
Civil Engineering Technician / "CAD Manager"
SAN JOSE, CA, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report