Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalled C3D 2014 from IDSP 2014 and Raster Design no longer works

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
neilyj666
1031 Views, 8 Replies

Reinstalled C3D 2014 from IDSP 2014 and Raster Design no longer works

I uninstalled the US English version of C3D and installed the UK English version. The Raster design Toolbar and ribbon is visible but when I click on the Raster Tools, the RD splashscreen no longer appears and none of the commands are recognised

Command:  Unknown command "ITOUCHUP".  Press F1 for help.

I can start Raster Design on AutoCAD but not on Civil 3D so presumably the uninstall of Civil broke the connection to Raster so how can I get Raster to work again in Civil 3D?

Raster design is included in the Support Path

2013-05-20 12_59_05-Options.jpg

I'm hoping there's an easy fix rather than a full uninstall / resinstall of IDSP2014

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: neilyj666

I know you said Raster works under AutoCAD, but have you tried repairing it?  Perhaps it will fix the broken link with C3D.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Yes but no luck and can't seem to reinstall as it's part of IDSP and the raster.msi doesn't appear to work....looks like a full uninstall and reinstall...:(

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM

Lovely!!  New releases are so fun!! Smiley Mad

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Took about 90 minutes to uninstall and reinstall the full suite - probably would have taken a good bit longer if I hadn't got an SSD??

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
DJLxyz

Similar problem with IDSP 2014 only I only I tried to fix by doing an uninstall/reinstall of just Civil 3D 2014 after trying repairs and reinstalls to Raster 2014.  I say similar because I cannot get Raster Design 2014 to show up in the ribbon or toolbars.

I have gone through the readme on Raster Design 2014.

Message 7 of 9
ishkav
in reply to: DJLxyz

Since Raster is not usually based on C3D (look at the setup splash screen), but available on Map or Utility Design, try to run those first before you run C3D so that they are configured first. 

If you still have issue the solution is simple ( or should be ), reset your user profile with second installer ( Delete AppData and Local for Autodesk C3D 2014 and the registry entries from HKCU ) and let it configure again. Should do the trick. Let me know if you need a quick screencast on it.

Ishka
CAD Manager
Tom Groll Engineering
Email: ishka@tg-eng.com
Blog: http://www.civildigest.com, Twitter: C3Dish
Windows 7 x64, IDS 2014, 2013 & C3D 2012
Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Message 8 of 9
MikeEvansUK

How do you get the British UK version, Is it a secret?

There used to be a british UK installation package for the other previous versions has this gone and been included in the Download pack now?

I'm not sure what version I have installed, I'm bewildered and thinking of returning to R1013 until next release. I just have a shortcut which says Civil3d Metric rather than English Metric? I cant see the British English edition on the R14 Bloatware Downloads page.

Any Clues?

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 9 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

It'll be the US English version I'd guess if you haven't specifically downloaded the British English version (station vs chainage, elevation vs level).

In the Subs download area, make sure you click the Language dropdown, not what I was execting to have to do

2013-05-21 13_47_17-Mozilla Firefox.jpg

2013-05-21 13_48_41-Mozilla Firefox.jpg

The US English version ships with UKIE template and profile shortcut so it's only the wordings as noted above that are the main differences so if you can live with that then that's fine. Within the Start menu there may be another shortcut that needs to be dragged to the desktop.

I was having major download problems so I just ordered the software on USB (in my case) and it arrived in a couple of days.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report