Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding civil 3D to Navisworks or frame work plus

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
GKKARTHIKEYAN
867 Views, 7 Replies

Regarding civil 3D to Navisworks or frame work plus

Dear sir,

Good morning.

Is that possible to convert surfaces from Civil 3D 2010 file into Navisworks format & PDS framework plus?

Or Is that possible to view in Navisworks?

Regards,

GKKarthikeyan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: GKKARTHIKEYAN

I don't know about Frame Work Plus, but, yes, you can send surfaces to NavisWorks.

Install the NavisWorks Export utility for Civil 3D. Once installed, inside Civil 3D, have the surface displayed on the screen and type NWCOUT. This will create a NavisWorks file you can append in that application. You can also send other Civil 3D objects like corridors, gradings, pipe networks, etc.

It would be nice if we could get Autodesk to make it easier to timeline surfaces inside Navisworks. Right now you need to create many smaller surfaces in order to do this. PITA!

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I tried to export autocad civil 3d to autocad 2007. But I am getting following error message. 

Command: _AecExportToAutoCAD2007
ERROR: could not erase object (eWasOpenForWrite)

So, I cant able to export. Please give me a idea. I already audit, purge the drawing. But still the same problem.

Message 4 of 8
tcorey

Try using Wblock to export the objects, then open that drawing and use ExporttoAutoCAD2007.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 8
GKKARTHIKEYAN
in reply to: tcorey

I tried the solution...But its not working. I am getting the fatal error. I dont know why. Is their any other solution?

Message 6 of 8
Sinc

@tcorey wrote:

It would be nice if we could get Autodesk to make it easier to timeline surfaces inside Navisworks. Right now you need to create many smaller surfaces in order to do this. PITA!

I second!!!  I've been amazed for years now at how difficult it is to work with C3D and NavisWorks.  They're both Autodesk products, after all, so they SHOULD be compatible...  And I guess they are, to a limited degree.  But why so complicated?  Why all the "detail work" with an exploded TIN just to get it into NavisWorks?  Why the need to manually assign materials to individual triangles, when this has already been defined in C3D?  (Or has this issue finally been fixed in 2012/2013?)

Sinc
Message 7 of 8
GKKARTHIKEYAN

I tried the solution...But its not working. I am getting the fatal error. I dont know why. Is their any other solution?

Regards,

Karthi

Message 8 of 8
tcorey

You said you have used Recover on this drawing and any Xref's that are attached?

After doing that, if the problem persists, post the drawing and one of us will take a look.

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report