Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Material for Establishing C3D Procedures

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BWYarger
194 Views, 1 Reply

Reference Material for Establishing C3D Procedures

For the last several years we have been going through an organic growth and discovery process of using plain AutoCAD and Civil 3D with other consultants.  This has lead to many frustrations on both sides.  We are wrapping up one project and about to start another with another firm that I have worked (struggled) with for years using AutoCAD of some sort.  We have both settled on C3D, but I am looking to establish working procedures about how to set up files, data references, xrefs, linetypes, layers, etc.  Do you know of any reference material that may address this issues from more of 30,000 foot view rather than a down in the weeds view?  How about any that just recommend practices within an organization as a start?  I am particularly interested in material written by practitioners rather than Autodesk.  (See Robert Green's newsletter in Catalyst. http://www.cadalyst.com/cadalyst/cad-managers-newsletter-316-18546

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michaelburk9074
in reply to: BWYarger

You may use our standards as a starting place. Go to:

kingcounty.gov

transportation roads

roads services

engineering

CADD Standards.

Enjoy

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report