Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciling Cogo points and breaklines created with different precision.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
248 Views, 1 Reply

Reconciling Cogo points and breaklines created with different precision.

Hi, I'm trying to create a surface using data that a contracting surveyor has provided to us.

He has sent me a .dxf containing all the breaklines for kerbs and edges of buildings etc, and a .csv with all of his point data, in PENZD format.

The problem is, his breaklines have been created to 4 decimal places, and his point data only goes to 3.

I start a new drawing (we work to 3 decimal places), create cogo points from the .csv, then paste the breaklines in from the .dxf, then add the breaklines to the surface.

As you would expect, every vertex of every breakline is just off the point it should be attached to, due to rounding.

Is there any way I can get these breakline vertices to physically move after truncating their coordinates to 3 decimal places, so they exactly line up with my points?

I hope I have explained myself alright.

Cheers,

Archie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

The breaklines could be added as is as Proximity rather than Standard as the lines do not need to match the points precisely.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report