Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading triangles from file...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tspoon005
1930 Views, 1 Reply

Reading triangles from file...

Using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012:

When I open files from a particular project, they are very slow and get stuck when AutoCAD says "Reading triangles from file...".  Eventually, after 20 minutes for some drawings, they will actually open.  This particular project uses a lot of data refs and xrefs, and has given us problems before.

Does anybody have any idea what AutoCAD might be getting hung up on?  I've started to purge and audit drawings as I go to try and clean things up, but I think its something related to Civil 3D objects (probably a surface) and would like to get to the bottom of it so that I can save some time.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: tspoon005

It sounds like you have a surface in your project which is stored in an external mms file.  If the drawing which hosts that surface is xref'd into other project drawings then the program has to load the surface data for display and labelling.  If the references are nested then, in theory, you could be loading the surface multiple times.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report