Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Station Alignment after Editing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dwk1204
2009 Views, 4 Replies

Re-Station Alignment after Editing

After editing an alignment in my drawing the stationing did not update to the new edited alignment. I tried selecting the alignment and in alignment properties changing the end stationing, but I get the error "Either outside alignment limits or within gap created by a station equation". The stationing stops at my first edit point 66+24 when the total length of edited alignment is 103+15. Is there a way to re-station alignment.

Thanks in advance for any help....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dwk1204

Was the alignment created from objects? I have experienced aligment problems due to acad entities being drawn in the wrong direction of the alignment.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

As Joe said, make sure your alignments are connected and that they are going the correct directly. Each alignment entity has a direction assigne to it. The end of one entity must be connected to the beginning of another or the stationing won't continue. You can flip the direction of individual entities using the Geometry Editor (select the alignment and it's on the context sensitive ribbon and it brings up the alignment layout tools) and then selecting the Reverse Sub-entity Direction command.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
dwk1204

Thanks to both of you....I reversed the edited entities and the stationing updated.

Message 5 of 5
d4dooley2
in reply to: BrianHailey

Once again.,..  You are the man Brian Haily!   Your blog has helped me out many times too!  Keep it up please!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report