Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Start an assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
130 Views, 4 Replies

Re-Start an assembly

After a somewhat frustating but learning process of manipulating subassemblies with locking up the computer, how does one "Quick Re-Start" the assembly? I can't seem to get the process restarted after re-starting 3D. I can't get the assembly to accept my subassembly. Thanks, Bill
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I may have found the problem. Would someone check in your subassembly imperial pallette for STRUCTURES -> UrbanCurbGutterGeneral. Place it in a drawing and select "Subassembly Properties", this locks up Civil3D on my computer. Thanks, Bill "wfb" wrote in message news:41b5ac44$1_1@newsprd01... > After a somewhat frustating but learning process of manipulating > subassemblies with locking up the computer, how does one "Quick Re-Start" > the assembly? I can't seem to get the process restarted after re-starting > 3D. I can't get the assembly to accept my subassembly. > > Thanks, > > Bill > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Apparently I have a subassembly that has become "contaminated". "wfb" wrote in message news:41b5bc7e_2@newsprd01... > I may have found the problem. Would someone check in your subassembly > imperial pallette for STRUCTURES -> UrbanCurbGutterGeneral. Place it in a > drawing and select "Subassembly Properties", this locks up Civil3D on my > computer. > > Thanks, > Bill > > "wfb" wrote in message > news:41b5ac44$1_1@newsprd01... > > After a somewhat frustating but learning process of manipulating > > subassemblies with locking up the computer, how does one "Quick Re-Start" > > the assembly? I can't seem to get the process restarted after re-starting > > 3D. I can't get the assembly to accept my subassembly. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Bill > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Bill - I tried the same subassembly (imperial) and it seems to work - at least I can insert it, make changes in the properties, add it to an assembly, make edits in the subassembly properties after it's defined. I'm not sure how you're would have become contaminated. Let us know if you find out any other details. Thanks Dave S "wfb" wrote in message news:41b5c906$1_1@newsprd01... > Apparently I have a subassembly that has become "contaminated". > > "wfb" wrote in message news:41b5bc7e_2@newsprd01... > > I may have found the problem. Would someone check in your subassembly > > imperial pallette for STRUCTURES -> UrbanCurbGutterGeneral. Place it in a > > drawing and select "Subassembly Properties", this locks up Civil3D on my > > computer. > > > > Thanks, > > Bill > > > > "wfb" wrote in message > > news:41b5ac44$1_1@newsprd01... > > > After a somewhat frustating but learning process of manipulating > > > subassemblies with locking up the computer, how does one "Quick > Re-Start" > > > the assembly? I can't seem to get the process restarted after > re-starting > > > 3D. I can't get the assembly to accept my subassembly. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Bill > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks, Dave BTW, I really thought that all your people really did a fine job last week. Thanks for your continuing help. No one believes me when I tell them I was in class from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM each day. Bill "Dave Simeone" wrote in message news:41b61dde$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Bill - I tried the same subassembly (imperial) and it seems to work - at > least I can insert it, make changes in the properties, add it to an > assembly, make edits in the subassembly properties after it's defined. I'm > not sure how you're would have become contaminated. > > Let us know if you find out any other details. > > Thanks > Dave S > > "wfb" wrote in message > news:41b5c906$1_1@newsprd01... > > Apparently I have a subassembly that has become "contaminated". > > > > "wfb" wrote in message > news:41b5bc7e_2@newsprd01... > > > I may have found the problem. Would someone check in your subassembly > > > imperial pallette for STRUCTURES -> UrbanCurbGutterGeneral. Place it in > a > > > drawing and select "Subassembly Properties", this locks up Civil3D on my > > > computer. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Bill > > > > > > "wfb" wrote in message > > > news:41b5ac44$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > After a somewhat frustating but learning process of manipulating > > > > subassemblies with locking up the computer, how does one "Quick > > Re-Start" > > > > the assembly? I can't seem to get the process restarted after > > re-starting > > > > 3D. I can't get the assembly to accept my subassembly. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > Bill > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report