Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cut and Fill

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
220 Views, 4 Replies

Re: Cut and Fill

Hi guys,

I am currently grading a site for 3 golf holes and I am looking at creating seperate cut and fill volumes for each hole along with a combined total. I am new to the civil 3d software learning it at home by training video's and manuals, I would appreciate any feedback regarding the task.

Cheers 

David.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yonah.ge
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi David! First you need to generate and finalize your 3 surfaces. Create your multisection views.Then edit your sections with the cut and fill functions by playing the "Compute Materials" which can be seen under "Section tab" on your Civil 3d menu bar. There you can insert surfaces you want to compare whether 2surfaces or 3surfaces. I hope this may help. ^_^

Message 3 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: yonah.ge

Not really necessary to use "Compute Materials" but depends on what surfaces you are trying to compare and what volume data you need to extract- for the simplest method you can create volume surfaces for analysis and display/plan set purposes

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 5
ccoles
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Volumes Dashboard. If each hole is a separate surface, the Dashboard report will display cut/fill for each surface then combine them at the bottom. If all three holes are in a single surface, you can use polylines to create bounded volumes for each hole and the dashboard can show each separately with a total at the bottom, again. Volumes Dashboard is in Civil 3D 2013 and above.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: ccoles

Remembering that the Volumes Dashboard only works with volume surfaces....;)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report