Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: 2014 Civil 3D Oracle Database Connection Issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CalebMcc
561 Views, 2 Replies

RE: 2014 Civil 3D Oracle Database Connection Issues

2014 Civil 3D

Windows 7 64-Bit

Oracle 10.2

1. Open drawing with feature data objects I want to include in an existing Oracle Database
  2. Go to Planning and Analysis Workspace
  3. Home Tab>Data>Connect>Add Oracle Connection
  4. I keep the connection name as the default "Oracle_1"
  5. I enter the user name and password given to me by my Database Administrator staff
  6. I get the following message:

"The Specified Credentials are not valid or the provider is unable to establish a connection.

The runtime was not found (module 'OCI.dll'). Please verify your oracle client component installation."

Oracle client is installed on this machine. We have tried it as a 32 bit installation and 64 bit. My system adminstrators have done their own research into this topic and found no specific examples of this issue, or similar, that would provide an answer. The documentation on this feature is severly lacking, especially the trouble shooting portion and requirements. The answer the knowledge base gives is "Yes, you can connect to an oracle database." then proceeds to link you to the article "To Bring In Features from Oracle" which doesn't address this particular error, but does have a broken link to an article that might actually be helpful, if it worked, entitled "Working with Oracle Data".

Any help in making this connection work would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: CalebMcc

Try to copy the OCL.dll to you BIN/FDO folder. 

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Map\bin\FDO

Also there is a file named FdoUserManager.exe in that 

folder, double click it in Windows Explorer to run it and try connecting there if you have admin name/password.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
CalebMcc
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks for the reply Murph. I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, not 2015. I copied the OCI.dll to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\bin\FDO

Used the FdoUserManager and got the same runtime error message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report