Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raster image panel missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bcollins
388 Views, 4 Replies

raster image panel missing

I'm using C3D 2013 on a 64 bit windows 7 machine.  I have basejump loaded, and when I first installed it there would be a "Raster" tab in the ribbon that would allow me to resample, etc.  That tab is now gone.  Any ideas how to get it back?

Also, I'm not sure if it's the same problem or not, but I've got a similar issue with points.  I used to click on a point to select it and a new tab would show up in the ribbon to list points, edit points, etc.  That doesn't come up anymore either.

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bcollins
in reply to: bcollins

Let me revise my original post.  On the cogo points issue, if I select a single point, then I still get the ribbon tab that shows the point number and has the labels and tables, general tools, modify, analyze, cogo point tools, and launch pad panels.  But if I select 2 or more points then I don't get that.

What I'm trying to do is select the points and list them or edit them.  If I select them and right click, then I can hit edit points, but it doesn't do anything.  The box that normally pops up showing you your points, coordinates, elevations, etc. does not show.  That may have something to do with the points being survey points rather than cogo points.  But I would think that I should at least be able to list them even if I can't edit them.

Message 3 of 5
bcollins

?

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain

@bcollins wrote:

Let me revise my original post.  On the cogo points issue, if I select a single point, then I still get the ribbon tab that shows the point number and has the labels and tables, general tools, modify, analyze, cogo point tools, and launch pad panels.  But if I select 2 or more points then I don't get that.

What I'm trying to do is select the points and list them or edit them.  If I select them and right click, then I can hit edit points, but it doesn't do anything.  The box that normally pops up showing you your points, coordinates, elevations, etc. does not show.  That may have something to do with the points being survey points rather than cogo points.  But I would think that I should at least be able to list them even if I can't edit them.

(a) Mine (C3D 2013) does the same thing. Single point selection, contextual ribbon appears. Multi point selection, it does not.

(2) When I select multiple points (they are survey points) and choose Edit Points from the right-click menu, the Panorama opens and I can see the point properties. Is it possible that your panorama is reduced to a tiny size and maybe you aren't noticing it has focus at that point?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
bcollins
in reply to: rkmcswain

The part with the points seems to have resolved itself.  Previously, you could select the points and hit edit points and then the screen would flash but there'd be no panorama.  I closed out some other windows and moved things around to make sure that it wasn't "hiding" behind something else, and it wasn't.  It simply wasn't there.  But for whatever reason, it has started acting right again.  No explanation.

I still don't have the raster image contextual tab though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report