Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Design Object Enabler for Civil 3D 2011 64 Bit issues

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
OlorinFiresky
1082 Views, 8 Replies

Raster Design Object Enabler for Civil 3D 2011 64 Bit issues

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a bit of help here.  I've been trying to get the Raster Design Object Enabler for Civil 3D 2011 64 Bit to install, but every time I run the exe it says there is no target application to be found, even though Civil 3D 2011 64 Bit is quite clearly installed on the machine.

Has anyone else come across this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?  This is very frustrating.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: OlorinFiresky

stupid question but i have to ask it

are you installing the 64 bit object enabler? 

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9

Not a stupid question.  I probably should've indicated more clearly in my post that I am installing the 64 bit version of the OE.  The same 64 bit OE installer worked perfectly fine for Map 3D 2011 64 Bit.

I also attempted to install the 32 Bit version of the OE to see whether or not I had actually accidentally installed the 32 bit version of Civil 3D, but that returned the same results all the same.  I have successfully gotten the 32 bit OE intalled for the 32 bit version of Civil 3D on another machine.  It is just the 64 bit version of the OE that is vexing me at the moment.

I have now attempted this one 2 machines with the same result i.e. NOTHING.

Message 4 of 9
thepworth

I recall jumping through hoops installing raster design on a 64-bit os, but I don't remember issues with the OE other than installing the correct/matching 32-/64-bit exe.

You'll probably want to shoot me for saying so, but the OE is built in with 2012 - an excuse to upgrade? 😉

Message 5 of 9
OlorinFiresky
in reply to: thepworth

Oh, if only it was that easy.  We are only just in the process of getting things together to deploy 2011 products.  I've attempted installing Raster Design itself on the 64 bit system and that finds Civil 3D without any issues, so is definitely the OE only that is unable to find it.

Message 6 of 9
thepworth

I'd check with your reseller.  The issue I had to resolve once was to change a pathing in the .ini file for RD's install to target the "program files" path for 64 bit versus "program files(x86)" for 32.  or you can file a support request through your subscription center for more info 😞

Message 7 of 9
OlorinFiresky

Already had a support call logged with the reseller.  Was hedging my bets.  Thankfully they came through.  Apparently if you don't install the Welcome Screen the OE installer can't see the application. 

This actually affects both Map 3D and Civil 3D 2011. 

I must've installed it on a Map 3D install that was done prior to removal of the Welcome Screen which explains why it worked on Map for me, but not on Civil. 

I re-enabled the Welcome Screen and all was well. 

I'm assuming, now that I can get the extracted *.msi, that the *.msi doesn't actually check to see if the software is installed which should mean I don't have to install the Welcome Screen as we had intended, but still get the OE installed.

Message 8 of 9
thepworth

thanks for the update - I never would have suspected.  You should go ahead and mark your last post as "accept as solution"

Message 9 of 9
OlorinFiresky

It affects both 32 and 64 bit versions, not just 64 bit as I originally thought.

I find it odd that Autodesk would design these OEs to check for the Welcome Screen being installed as an identifier if the software exists on the machine.  This is a customisable feature and you can choose to not have it installed.  Wouldn't it be better for it to check either C:\Program Files\Autodesk or do a registry check or something a bit smarter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report