Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rasing a topographic survey from NGVD 1929 to NAVD 1988

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
surveyor5280
724 Views, 8 Replies

Rasing a topographic survey from NGVD 1929 to NAVD 1988

I am trying to adjust (raise) a very intensive topographic survey from NGVD 1929 to NAVD 1988.

I know how to raise the surface and I know how to adjust the datum of the points.

Does anyone know how to raise all the breaklines used to develop the surface as well? 

This would include survey figures, feature lines and 3d polylines.

I want to raise them all by an equal amount.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
g_k50
in reply to: surveyor5280

First you have to know the dimension you want to move the breaklines.

Then look at the breaklines from the side, like at ground level, select all the lines and nothing else that you don't want moved.

Then move command, from 0,0,0 to the dimension you want to move, 0,0,100 would be 100 feet straight up.

Message 3 of 9
surveyor5280
in reply to: g_k50

Thanks for your reply, but:

You can move only 3d polylines in that manner.

Survey figures and featurelines cannot be moved that way.

I need to know how to change the eleveations on all threee types.

Message 4 of 9
IanMcClain

Survey figures are tied to the survey database and must be adjusted via the Survey>Translate Survey Database command (or right click on the survey database in the Survey Toolspace tab).

I am not sure about featurelines and 3d polylines, but I think you can raise them with the move command as g_k50 describes.

Featurelines would probably have to be edited manually. Or you could make them into survey figures and adjust them with the rest of the survey data.

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 9
Joe-Bouza

I don't know about survey figure but FL can definately be raised or lowers a delt with the move command

move all 0,0,0  0,0,1.02

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

@surveyor5280 wrote:
I want to raise them all by an equal amount.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the shift from NGVD1929 to NAVD1988 is a simple bulk shift? I'd look a little harder into that as I doubt that it would be so simple.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 7 of 9
AllenJessup
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Select all the Featurelines you want to affect, right click, select Raise/Lower. Command line: RaiseLowerFeatures

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

ericcollins6932 wrote:

Are you sure the shift from NGVD1929 to NAVD1988 is a simple bulk shift? I'd look a little harder into that as I doubt that it would be so simple.

You're right Eric. It's not that simple. It may be adequate for the project goals to simply bump the surface. But it doesn't end up in true NAVD88.

The only way I've found is to start from scratch with a point file, run it through Corpscon and reimport them. Of course doing this late in a project can cause a lot of rework. So if the project doesn't have to be in a completely accurate vertical datum. A move may be acceptable but doesn't make it NAVD88.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
dgordon

it is very important to either edit the datum or move the defining objects only. Do not do both or you will get very inaccurate results.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report