Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range Analysis Incorrect

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ksorsby
624 Views, 4 Replies

Range Analysis Incorrect

Morning,

When I create ranges for levels under the analysis tab when editing surface properties, I now get an incorrect no. of ranges. Put simply, if I need 6 ranges, I set it to 6 and it gives me 7. If I put it to 7, it gives me 7. If I set it to 8 it gives me 9. My maths might be bad but this is quite incorrect.

This is a real stupid problem and a real pain, as I have hundreds of surfaces I need to correctly range and I don't want to have to edit every single table in vanilla cad to take out or add in an extra range manually.

Is there a workaround or fix for this, or is this another Autodesk 'feature' which will continue into the next release?

Thanks!

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: ksorsby

Something similar was covered in this post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Surface-Contour-Range-analysis/m-p/3250470 but does not seemed to be resolved.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 5
ksorsby
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Yes, thanks Andrew. I'd seen that before.

It would be nice if someone from Autodesk could respond and say why this hasn't been resolved and why it's so difficult to build the same number of ranges as that which itself actually specifies.

Kevin

Message 4 of 5
ksorsby

Bump.

I've just had to put a range of 10 in to get 6 bands.

Autodesk? Any thoughts?

Kevin

Message 5 of 5
andrewpuller3811

I just worked out in civil 3d 2013, if you want 10 ranges for Elevation, you can change the Create ranges by: dropdown and choose range interval and use a range interval that will give you the number of ranges you need then edit the elevation values if needed.

For example - with a surface that has a maximum elevation of 50 and minimum elevation of 10, if I want 10 ranges, I would enter a value of 4 in the range interval. I get the 4 by maximum elevation minus minimum elevation and divide that by the number of ranges I want. So (50-10)/10 = 4

Not ideal but will give you the number of ranges you want without pulling your hair out.

Obviously something is wrong in the set ranges by number of ranges calculation.

There is a post or two on exporting and importing the surface analysis using tools available from the UK and ANZ country kits. The output is just a plain text file which can be edited and then import.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report