Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ranbow2222

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
189 Views, 16 Replies

ranbow2222

I am posting this message in support of those wonderful folks who consistently spend their own time to help others. I want you all to know that there are people out here who really appreciate your VOLUNTARY and FREE help. I hate to do this in any forum, but I want to insure that all of those folks who are so helpful on this forum remain as good resources for the rest of us who are becoming familiar with Civil 3D.

Poster "ranbow2222" recently made two posts with followups that convey a total lack of respect for the fact that people here are not paid for their help and are trying to help despite that, and on their own time. He/she seems to think that he/she has a right to berate those who voluntarily came to his/her aid.

My message to ranbow2222 and others like him/her is:

Become more aware of others in our world and quit focusing only on me me me. Your posts were unappreciative, and smacked of expectation. I am surprised that all of the nice people who frequent this forum even bothered to answer your questions, and still continued to try to help you after you continued to be unpleasant and unappreciative.

It is people with your lack of appreciation, respect, and manners, who disillusion those who contribute so much to discussion forums and eventually stop because they are sick and tired of people who display these traits. Your poor attitude ends up losing great resources for the rest of us whose first position is to assume that the responder was trying to help, rather than get annoyed because the response wasn't exactly what you expected.

Try using "Please", "Thank you" and less insults and show some appreciation without the attitude. In your recent posts, you just refused to listen to reason, and kept on defending your indefensible position.

Julie.
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Worry not. This a great resource, regardless of skill level (there is
always someone who knows something you don't). I'm sure even the experts
cruise through threads just to learn.

It's very easy to ignore anyone who offends you. 😉

wrote in message news:5649824@discussion.autodesk.com...

It is people with your lack of appreciation, respect, and manners, who
disillusion those who contribute so much to discussion forums and eventually
stop because they are sick and tired of people who display these traits.
Your poor attitude ends up losing great resources for the rest of us whose
first position is to assume that the responder was trying to help, rather
than get annoyed because the response wasn't exactly what you expected.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Wouldn't be Friday without a good Rant.
I agree with TomD most of the regulars have pretty tough hide.
Have to or you don't stay around long.
Best way to generate credibility is to offer help as opposed to being polite.
Just my opinion.
Message 4 of 17
mathewkol

Thanks for the post Julie.

I know that it can be very difficult to convey advice without sounding like a know-it-all.

Matt
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

lack of respect has no place here, but niether does lack of backbone.
I love it when people shoot down ideas by giving details and showing the idea was technically inferior.
People confuse technical passion (now I am a true Nerd) with lack of manners.
Don't be shy, put people in their place if they are rude so they think twice about it next time.

Julie Bebbe <>
|>I am posting this message in support of those wonderful folks who consistently spend their own time to help others. I want you all to know that there are people out here who really appreciate your VOLUNTARY and FREE help. I hate to do this in any forum, but I want to insure that all of those folks who are so helpful on this forum remain as good resources for the rest of us who are becoming familiar with Civil 3D.
|>
|>Poster "ranbow2222" recently made two posts with followups that convey a total lack of respect for the fact that people here are not paid for their help and are trying to help despite that, and on their own time. He/she seems to think that he/she has a right to berate those who voluntarily came to his/her aid.
|>
|>My message to ranbow2222 and others like him/her is:
|>
|>Become more aware of others in our world and quit focusing only on me me me. Your posts were unappreciative, and smacked of expectation. I am surprised that all of the nice people who frequent this forum even bothered to answer your questions, and still continued to try to help you after you continued to be unpleasant and unappreciative.
|>
|>It is people with your lack of appreciation, respect, and manners, who disillusion those who contribute so much to discussion forums and eventually stop because they are sick and tired of people who display these traits. Your poor attitude ends up losing great resources for the rest of us whose first position is to assume that the responder was trying to help, rather than get annoyed because the response wasn't exactly what you expected.
|>
|>Try using "Please", "Thank you" and less insults and show some appreciation without the attitude. In your recent posts, you just refused to listen to reason, and kept on defending your indefensible position.
|>
|>Julie.
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

what if you do know it all?
Kidding - had to say that since I probably did sound like one on that other thread.

mkolberg <>
|>Thanks for the post Julie.
|>
|>I know that it can be very difficult to convey advice without sounding like a know-it-all.
|>
|>Matt
James Maeding
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

Which one?
:-D
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

You know, the one where I was right.

jpostlewait <>
|>Which one?
|>:-D
James Maeding
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

That's awesome. I actually laughed out loud.

Matt
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Also...very funny.

Matt
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I am relatively new to the forums here (about 4- 5 months in deep).
I am a new CAD manager at my company and rolled out 2008 with some substantial problems. I was very unhappy with autodesk and posted a couple of smart-ass remarks on the forums here regarding Autodesk support. Somebody then replied back and I realized that I needed to shut up and do some more research. Later on, I had a Vault developer actually remote in to help me with some problems in response to a forum posting. I think the regulars that come in here and help do deserve a good pat on the back and then some. If not for these forums, I would be lost. thank you thank you thank you

i would like to see the posts that ranbow2222 made if you have those links handy.
Message 12 of 17
Civil3DReminders_com

Here's the link:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5648977

After reading through the thread again I'm starting to think I did something wrong, since I have some posts not being answered in the customization area. Well one or two had replies.

Christopher
http://civil-3d.blogspot.com/
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

Wow, thanks for posting that link, makes for very interesting reading. Unbelievable - maybe that guy was just having a bad day. Anyway, I think it really depends as far as responses. It can be like fishing lots of times - sometimes you'll get no bites at all. If I had a question about an error that was occurring in Civil 3D while interacting with Vault, I would make a post in both Groups because they are relevant to both. Sometimes that seems to help me. Not sure if that is applicable to your customization stuff, but that's how I do it.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Here's another example, though perhaps not as bad, of how NOT to behave .... http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=590399
this guy wanted us to mind read (pretty much) ....
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Nope, not as far as I'm concerned. You happen to have posted about some
waters that I haven't waded into much...yet....and I'm also in the field
most of this week. But I have read and thought about your questions.

Keep asking, when I get a chance I'll jump in where no one else has. 🙂

Jeff

wrote in message news:5652932@discussion.autodesk.com...

After reading through the thread again I'm starting to think I did something
wrong, since I have some posts not being answered in the customization area.
Well one or two had replies.

Christopher
Message 16 of 17
Civil3DReminders_com

I don't think most people have and that's why I'm not getting much feedback. I've used work arounds instead of going the easy route I think is out there, but I eventually will get there.

Christopher
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 17 of 17
dana.probert

"I'm just tryin' to matter" - June Carter Cash
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report