Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise a point group

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1020 Views, 7 Replies

Raise a point group

What is the easiest way to raise or lower an entire point group? I know that if I take a viewport view from the side, select the points and move up on the Z axis, they will move, but that is a pain when I want to move one of 8 point groups. Is there a better way?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you highlight all the points in the point group and right click, you are
given a datum option.

Regards,

Jon
wrote in message news:5184685@discussion.autodesk.com...
What is the easiest way to raise or lower an entire point group? I know
that if I take a viewport view from the side, select the points and move up
on the Z axis, they will move, but that is a pain when I want to move one of
8 point groups. Is there a better way?
Message 3 of 8
brianzimmerman

Is there a quick way to select them all? I have the group isolated that I want to change the datum to but when I try and select them all at once, only one point at a time is being picked up.
Message 4 of 8
brianzimmerman

Nevermind, got it to work, i think it was a little bit between restarting CAD and depending on which crossing window the layer 0 being off.
Message 5 of 8
brianzimmerman

Some clarification... When you are selecting all the points do it through the toolspace or panorama window, not the drawing area.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Just to make sure you are doing it the easiest way: you can highlight all
the points in a group (holding the shift key in the point display section of
the group dialogue) then right click and select the Datum option.

Jon
wrote in message news:5509490@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there a quick way to select them all? I have the group isolated that I
want to change the datum to but when I try and select them all at once, only
one point at a time is being picked up.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

we are also having trouble selecting all the points in the point group, we can select all the points but when we right click to get the datum command it seems to deselect them all.

its a shame I can't send a personal message to 'brianzimmerman' who is having a similar problem to us but his comment “Nevermind, got it to work, i think it was a little bit between restarting CAD and depending on which crossing window the layer 0 being off” does’nt seem to make much sense
Message 8 of 8
brianzimmerman

Sorry if I didn't get my point across clearly.
Firstly, don't select your points in the drawing area. Do it through the toolspace.
Example. (If you are trying to raise the datum of one single point group) On the Prospector tab of the Toolspace select the point group that you want to change the datum of. Then either go to the other window in your tool space showing all of the points in that group, or right click on that group and select edit points (that will bring up a panorama window. Next, click one of your points (in the toolspace or panorama window) the hit CTRL+A to select all of your points. Then right click and your Datum... option should be there.
Hope that helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report